EDITED 11/7: The poll is closed. And the winner is . . .
Tank the Irredeemable (white) / Daisy Sparklefeather (silver)
Congratulations, kaylamw! And thank you to all who participated in this contest. I had TONS of fun, and I hope you did too. And my unicorns are very happy to finally have names! “Hey, maybe she won’t just willy-nilly throw us into her purse on the way to events now!”
Nahhh . . . probably not, guys. Probably not.
Oh. Oh, you wonderful blog readers, you.
Thank you for the positively delightful name suggestions for my unicorn mascots, who, if you will recall, look like this:
I received many wonderful name suggestions for these two magical yahoos — thank you! — but, alas, I could only choose three finalists. And they are:
- Jasmine Rose
- Ms. Bubblegum Love (white) (I’m pretty sure I would call this one “Bubs” for short)
- Don’t Touch Me, I Bite (silver) (and I’d probably call this one “Biter”)
- Captain Starfish (white)
- Laird James McCullen Destro XXIV (silver) (“Destro” for short)
- Tank the Irredeemable (white)
- Daisy Sparklefeather (silver)
All right, citizens and unicorn lovers all, those are your three finalists! You have from now until Monday, November 5 at 9:00 p.m. EST to vote for your favorite (using the poll below).
The winner gets a hardcover copy of one of the following books (of his/her choice):
- The Diviners – Libba Bray
- Days of Blood and Starlight – Laini Taylor
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There – Catherynne Valente
- The Crown of Embers – Rae Carson
- The Spindlers – Lauren Oliver
- What’s Left of Me – Kat Zhang
- The Peculiar – Stefan Bachmann
- Defiance – C. J. Redwine
- Stormdancer – Jay Kristoff
You know you love polls (maybe even more than you love unicorns? NAHHH), so click for your favorite below! Tell your friends! Do a dance! Eat some cheese! What? That’s what I usually do.