Hi, y’all! I’ll be putting up quick posts every day of the Year of Shadows tour, reminding you where the post is that day and what it’s about. You can see the full tour schedule here.
Also, if you haven’t already, please check out last Tuesday‘s post, in which I thank you for your support of me and The Year of Shadows. In addition, I want to note that the book will NOT be available in Barnes & Noble stores — at least not for a few weeks — so in this post I also tell you where you can find the book if you want to purchase it, and what you can do to support The Year of Shadows in other ways!
Today, the blog tour resumes after the Labor Day holiday with a double whammy – two stops at two fantastic blogs!
First, at From the Mixed-Up Files, author Amie Borst interviews me about The Year of Shadows, with questions geared specifically toward writers, readers, teachers, and parents!
Second, at Nerdy Book Club, I explain why I write books for children — and why I read them, too!
Don’t forget to fill out the Rafflecopter forms at each post for two chances to win a finished hardcover copy of The Year of Shadows from Simon & Schuster!
You can check out previous tour stops here:
- Friday, August 30 at The Mod Podge Bookshelf: how I named the characters in The Year of Shadows!
- Thursday, August 29 at Teach Mentor Texts: my virtual mood board for The Year of Shadows!
- Wednesday, August 28 at Novel Sounds: the final part of my playlist for The Year of Shadows! Plus a review!
- Monday, August 26 at The Midnight Garden: an interview with my brilliant editor, Zareen Jaffery! (They also posted a beautiful review of the book!)
- Sunday, August 25 at Unleashing Readers: I discuss the literary elements of setting, characterization, and language in The Year of Shadows — a great post for educators!
- Saturday, August 24 at Read Now Sleep Later: the second part of my playlist for The Year of Shadows!
- Friday, August 23 at Cuddlebuggery: an adventurous interview with blogger Steph — inside my brain! (Trust me, it works.)
- Thursday, August 22 at Foodie Bibliophile in Wanderlust: I talk about my musical past and share clips of me playing my trumpet!
- Wednesday, August 21 at The Book Cellar: the first part of my playlist for The Year of Shadows!
- Tuesday, August 20 at Mundie Kids: a character interview with Olivia and Henry!
- Monday, August 19 at The Book Smugglers: review + guest post “Why I Believe In Ghosts”
hottest man on Game of Thrones* official tour sponsor, approves this message
*With the possible exception of Jorah Mormont, amirite?