My name is Claire Legrand. I’m 27 years old, I’m a Texan currently living in New Jersey, and I’m a writer represented by Diana Fox of Fox Literary.
I write primarily fantasy and science fiction for kids and teens. My debut novel, The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls, a dark fairy tale for middle grade readers from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, is on sale now. My second middle grade novel, The Year of Shadows, is on sale now, also from Simon & Schuster. My third novel, Winterspell, a young adult fantasy re-telling of The Nutcracker ballet, is due out in Fall 2014, also from Simon & Schuster. I am also one of the four authors of The Cabinet of Curiosities, a collection of dark short stories for middle grade readers, due out May 27, 2014 from HarperCollins/Greenwillow Books. For more on that, check out The Books!
I like lots of things! Some of those things are
- DVD commentary tracks
- awards show montages
- speaking like a British person (I am not British)
- interior design
- the caps lock button
- the sound of people walking on crunchy terrain
- colorful coffee mugs (although I do not drink coffee)
- all movies (not so much the stupid ones; very much so the ones that make me think/cry/swoon)
- film scores
- my friends (they are crazy)
- my family (they are also crazy)
- bright, shiny objects (I am part raccoon)
If you’re curious about my favorite books, check out my favorites shelf on Goodreads!